Our Outreach and Enrollment efforts will focus not only on current, uninsured HHC patients, but also uninsured and underinsured members of the community. We will have Certified Application Counselors on site who will available to:
- Provide education about the Marketplace and to give people the tools and resources to make the best health coverage choices for them and their family.
- Assisting people during open enrollment, beginning in November 1, 2020 and ending December 15, 2020. Insurance begins January 1, 2021.
What should people do to prepare for enrollment?
- Start looking at HealthCare.gov – Maine will have a Federally Facilitated Marketplace, meaning that Mainers will use HealthCare.gov to enroll.
- Get Connected: visit Healthcare.gov.
- Set your budget – There will be many different types of plans on the Marketplace to meet different budgets, needs, etc. All enrollees should determine what they can or cannot afford before enrolling.
- Gather basic information about household income. To find out how much savings you qualify for, you can begin using this information to find out what your potential tax credits could be.
- Make sure you understand how coverage works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, co-payments, and coinsurance. You’ll want to consider these details while you’re looking for health insurance.
For more information, please contact:
Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator