Our Outreach and Enrollment efforts will focus not only on current, uninsured HHC patients, but also uninsured and underinsured members of the community. We will have Maine Enrollment Assisters on site who will be available to:
- Provide education about Maine’s Health Insurance Marketplace and to give people the tools and resources to make the best health coverage choices for them and their family.
- Assisting people during open enrollment, beginning November 1 ending December 15. Insurance begins January 1 of the new year.
- You may qualify for a special enrollment at any time outside of open enrollment.
What should people do to prepare for enrollment?
- Start looking at CoverME.gov. Maine will have a state-based Marketplace, meaning that Mainers will use CoverME.gov to enroll.
- Get Connected: visit CoverME.gov.
- Set your budget – There will be many different types of plans on Maine’s Health Insurance to meet different budgets, needs, etc. All enrollees should determine what they can or cannot afford before enrolling.
- Gather basic information about household income. To find out how much savings you qualify for, you can begin using this information to find out what your potential tax credits could be.
- Make sure you understand how coverage works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, co-payments, and coinsurance. You’ll want to consider these details while you’re looking for health insurance.
For more information, please contact:
Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator
Email: [email protected]